We’re a passionate group of people working in service of the Filipino people
For 30+ years, ABS-CBN Foundation, Inc. (AFI) has been a committed public service advocate in strategic sectors of the Philippine society, with the goal of empowering communities. We do this through our major advocacies: Disaster Management (Sagip Kapamilya), Child Rights and Development (Bantay Bata 163), Education (Programa Genio), Environment (Bantay Kalikasan), and Livelihood and Social Entrepreneurship (Integrated Area Development).
AFI aims to awaken hope in the Filipino people by championing these advocacies via multi-sectoral partnerships in the spirit of “Bayanihan” – a Filipino word denoting the spirit of communal unity. In line with this, we ensure that the projects we deliver support the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
A Legacy of Service: AFI's History
With the support of the late Chairman and founder of the ABS-CBN Broadcasting Network, Geny Lopez, the ABS CBN Foundation was formed.
AFI pioneered Education through Multimedia (E-Media)
Advocates for Child Welfare
Bantay Bata 163 was founded (to protect disadvantaged children)
Advocates for the Environment
Bantay Kalikasan was founded to address environmental concerns
Advocates for La Mesa Watershed
Bantay Kalikasan initiated the Save the La Mesa Watershed campaign
Advocates for Disaster Relief
Sagip Kapamilya was founded to immediately aid in disaster relief operations
Advocates for Pasig River
Kapit Bisig Para Sa Ilog Pasig (KBPIP) was initiated to restore the Pasig River one tributary at a time
Evolution of Programa Genio
E-Media evolved to Programa Genio, focusing on various educational programs
AFI Responds to Typhoon Yolanda
Typhoon Yolanda hits and AFI becomes one of the major responders - from immediate relief to long-term rebuilding of affected communities
Gina Lopez Passes
Gina Lopez, internationally recognized environmentalist, philanthropist and long-serving Managing Director and Chairman of the Board of AFI, passes away
AFI Responds to Covid
AFI responds to the pandemic through the Pantawid ng Pag-Ibig and Tulong-Tulong sa Pag-Ahon campaigns
New Managing Director Appointed
Roberta Lopez-Feliciano appointed as Managing Director to continue leading the Foundation in the new era of public service
Our mission is to holistically transform the lives of Filipinos by protecting the children, enriching the environment, and building resilient communities through media and strong advocacy partnerships.
- years of consistent and relevant public service
- at-risk children helped
- learners engaged through E-TV and education programs
- families assisted in rebuilding their lives post-disaster
- trees cared for
Our core values are beacons that guide us in public service. Hope and a well-deserved future are the two reminders of the things that matter to our kapamilyas in need.
- No one gets left behind. We are then a caring force of calm that alleviates suffering everywhere we may find it. We will be there when people need the presence of others, to help whether to rescue a child, to bring relief during calamities, and or to protect the environment.
- We commit to serve with unwavering respect and honesty, striving to maintain our character and observing the values which are expected from us by those whom we have the privilege of serving.
- We strongly apply focus, discipline, and rigor in anything we set out to do. We conduct ourselves to the highest standards and expect the same from our partners.
- Transparency is a commitment to the people we are serving to assure the full success of our actions in the service of the poor and less privileged.
- Service Orientation
- Trust is the main foundation of all successful partnerships. We do not turn away anyone coming to us who is genuinely in need. We serve with joy and treat our donors, supporters, partners, our people and those we help - as our Kapamilya.
- Driven by the vision of a better life for the Filipino, we support individuals and communities by creating opportunities for sustainable growth and transformation.
Quasi est quaerat. Sit molestiae et. Provident ad dolorem occaecati eos iste. Soluta rerum quidem minus ut molestiae velit error quod. Excepturi quidem expedita molestias quas.
Anim aute id magna aliqua ad ad non deserunt sunt. Qui irure qui lorem cupidatat commodo. Elit sunt amet fugiat veniam occaecat fugiat. Quasi aperiam sit non sit neque reprehenderit.
How We Help Donors and Partners
We make it safe, easy, and fun for anyone to give to vetted nonprofits anywhere in the world. Want to raise money for your favorite cause? We’ve got you covered there too.
Any nonprofit, anywhere in the world can join AFI to create fundraising pages and access tools, one-on-one support, matching money, and bonus prizes through our community.
Let's work together
Ready to make a difference with your philanthropic giving? Let us know how we can help make an impact with your program.